Join a top performing agency who has been providing insurance protection throughout Michigan for more than 60 years. My Member Insurance Agency (MMIA) is a fast-growing insurance agency, with locations in Saginaw, Midland, Pigeon and Sebewaing, Michigan. We represent many of the top regional, national and specialty carriers.
what we provide
We are a professional, dynamic work environment that empowers staff members
Bonus Income Potential
Paid Vacation Time
Medical and Dental Insurance
401K with Company Match
Opportunities for Advancement
Continuous Education Encouraged
posted job openings
Last Updated: January 2023
MMIA Commercial Lines Account Manager – Saginaw Branch
Full time (Salary)
Sr. VP – Commercial Lines
My Member Insurance Agency is a fast-growing insurance agency, with locations in Saginaw, Midland, Sebewaing, and Pigeon, MI. We are adding a Commercial Lines Account Manager to our team as part of a strategic growth initiative for our agency. This position is based out of our Saginaw, Michigan office. We are a top performing agency who has been providing insurance protection throughout Michigan for more than 60 years. We represent many of the top regional, national and specialty carriers in the region.
Scope of Role:
Agency staff members perform a fundamental role in providing financial protection for their communities and being risk management advocates for their clients. We embrace and support a team oriented culture that rewards employees both for individual contributions as well as the collective performance of the agency. A successful Commercial Lines Account Manager will be focused on providing exceptional customer service for ongoing customer needs throughout the policy term.
- Provide extraordinary service to current book of business. Work with CL Producers and CL Account Managers to manage existing client relationships.
- Service existing customers with policy or service related requests, such as creating Evidence of Insurance, Auto Insurance Certificates, and handling various calls requiring insurance verification.
- Verify policy changes requested by Account Managers to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain client files in agency management system.
- Respond to billing and payment processing inquiries. Contact insureds on non-payment cancellation compliance. Process payments for customers.
- Receive and submit claim information on client’s behalf – advocate as needed for client with carrier
- In depth knowledge of computer system functions, procedures, and reporting for carriers represented, including agency management and comparative rating systems.
- Handle Workers Compensation and General Liability Premium Audits for Commercial insureds.
- Handle all aspects of Certificate of Insurance requests from insureds. This involves review of contracts, checking insured’s policies to see what coverages they have versus the coverages/limits/policies being requested in the contracts and adding the necessary insurance policies/coverages/increased limits to the insured’s existing insurance program. Communication with insurance company underwriters throughout this process will be extremely important.
- Michigan Property & Casualty Insurance License preferred. If not currently in place, expedited completion is expected upon hire.
- 1+ years experience within the Property and Casualty insurance industry preferred.
- Prior experience working with Applied TAM / Applied Epic is preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and comfortable working both independently and as part of a team environment.
- Must have ability to perform at a high level in dynamic, developing, change-embraced work environment, while being attentive to details and deadlines. Must be able to work with and support teammates within a variety of areas.
- Must have strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task and transition quickly between jobs.
- Must be punctual and responsible – taking ownership in the success of the job function.
- A professional, dynamic work environment that empowers staff members
- Competitive salary
- Bonus income potential
- Paid Vacation time
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Continuous education encouraged
These duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. My Member Insurance Agency reserves the right to hire internal or external employees for all positions. As a wholly owned affiliate of the Frankenmuth Credit Union, MMIA employees are expected to cultivate the exemplary brand of FCU through consistency, service and community.
Saginaw Office: 7531 Gratiot Rd, Suite 2, Saginaw, MI 48609 | 989-781-2662 Midland Office: 216 W. Buttles, Midland, MI 48640 | 989-631-1950
Sebewaing Office: 41 E. Main Street, Sebewaing, MI 48759 | 989-883-2840 Pigeon Office: 15 N. Caseville Rd., Pigeon, MI 48755 | 989-453-3112