Join a top performing agency who has been providing insurance protection throughout Michigan for more than 60 years. My Member Insurance Agency (MMIA) is a fast-growing insurance agency, with locations in Saginaw and Midland, Michigan. We represent many of the top regional, national and specialty carriers.
what we provide
We are a professional, dynamic work environment that empowers staff members
Bonus Income Potential
Paid Vacation Time
Medical and Dental Insurance
401K with Company Match
Opportunities for Advancement
Continuous Education Encouraged
posted job openings
Last Updated: December 2020
MMIA Personal Lines Account Executive
Full time (Salary)
My Member Insurance Agency is a fast-growing insurance agency, with locations in Saginaw, Michigan and Midland, Michigan. We are adding a Commercial Lines Assistant Account Manager to our team as part of a strategic growth initiative for our agency. We are adding a Personal Lines Account Executive to our team as part of a strategic growth initiative for our agency. This position will be based out our Midland, Michigan office. We are a top performing agency who has been providing insurance protection throughout Michigan for more than 60 years. We represent many of the top regional, national and specialty carriers in the region.
- Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of clients. Earn referrals from existing clients through exceeding service expectations.
- Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their insurance needs, to discuss any existing coverage, and to determine what information is necessary to provide insurance quotations.
- Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks.
- Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans that are in the best interest of the client.
- Quote coverages requested by client with multiple insurance carriers using Comparative Rating software. Complete side by side comparisons of coverage options and pricing for client review.
- Sell various types of insurance policies individuals on behalf of insurance companies, including personal insurance and life insurance.
- Contact underwriter and submit required underwriting information to bind coverage. Ensure that all policy requirements are met.
- Collect insurance payments on behalf of carriers.
- Provide exceptional, timely service within service standards set by agency.
- Plan and oversee incorporation of insurance program into Agency Management System for proper documentation, quoting, billing and Errors & Omissions purposes.
- Inspect properties as requested/required by insurance carriers.
- Active community involvement, including volunteerism and membership in at least one civic organization
- Attend meetings, seminars and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts.
- Develop marketing strategies to compete with other individuals or companies who sell insurance, including in the digital space.
- Michigan Property & Casualty Insurance License required.
- Michigan Life Insurance License desired, but not required, at time of hire. Expedited completion will be required post-hire.
- Prior insurance industry experience desired, but not required.
- Prior experience working with Applied EPIC is a plus.
- Must be an assertive self-starter with the ability to influence others and multi-task
- Must be able to excel in a dynamic, developing, change-embraced work environment
- Must be passionate about providing exceptional service to both potential and existing clients
- Must be proficient in basic computer skills, Microsoft product suite (Word/Excel/Outlook)
These duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. My Member Insurance Agency reserves the right to hire internal or external employees for all positions. As a wholly owned affiliate of the Frankenmuth Credit Union, MMIA employees are expected to cultivate the exemplary brand of FCU through consistency, service and community.